Slow Cooker Beef Bone Broth Recipe (Crock Pot Option)
Slow cooker beef bone broth is an easy, hands free way to make bone broth in your own kitchen. Add beef and low carb vegetables to a crock pot, step back and wait while your nutrient dense liquid cooks.
- Slow Cooker
- Glass jars for storage
- 6 pounds beef bones
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar lemon or lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Placing the bones in a roasting pan or baking dish. Roast for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add all vegetables and herbs to the bowl of the slow cooker. Arrange bones on top of the vegetables. Cover all ingredients with water. Leave about 1-inch of space from the water line to the top of the slow cooker. Stir in the vinegar.
- Cover with a lid. Cook on low for 18 to 24 hours.
- Skim off any scum that rises to the top. Once cool enough to handle, strain the broth through a strainer and ladle into glass jars for storage. Bone broth keeps in the fridge for up to one week, best if used in 3-5 days. It will freeze well for up to 3 months.