Light and fluffy Christmas cookies made with cream cheese and a hint of peppermint. These festive Keto Peppermint Cream Cheese Cookies melt in your mouth and are sure to please.
Calories: 75 kcal per cookie
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Swerve granular
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pepperment extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Red and green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicone mats.
- In medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add Swerve and beat until fully incorporated.
Add eggs and extracts and mix.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Separate the dough into three small bowls.
- Add red food coloring to the mixture in one bowl. Green into another and leave one bowl without any coloring.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes. If dough is still hard to work with, chill longer.
- To create marbled cookie, scoop about 1 tsp of each color dough into your hands and GENTLY roll together between the palms of your hands, forming a ball. Do not over mix or colors will blob together and make a yucky looking hue. Think brown instead of pretty red and green. 😛
Place marbled dough ball on prepared baking sheets and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. You can flatten them a bit before refrigerating if you want more of a cookie look or leave in a ball, so they’re a bit thicker and more cake-like. They will spread a little, so don’t put them too close together. Dough tends to warm up after handling it, so refrigerating helps some with the spreading.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Cookies should be light in color and will seem a bit under-cooked, but do not over bake.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Cookies will firm up yet remain soft and a bit cake-like.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The secret to marbling the dough without mixing the colors is to chill it thoroughly. The dough is super sticky and can be difficult to work with when at room temperature.
*Nutritional label does not include sugar alcohols or net carbs, so I’ve added that below as well as the NET CARBS.
Total Carbs: 5.8g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugar Alcohols (erythritol): 4.1g
NET CARBS: 1.7g
Nutritional information is provided for recipes as a guide only. It cannot be 100% accurate. It’s included as a courtesy to give a general account of a recipe, so one can see if the macros are within the ballpark of where he/she needs to be. It is automatically calculated using WP recipe software integrated with a nutrition API. Please calculate your own nutritional information with the exact brand and ingredients you used before relying on the ones included with the recipe.
For the printable recipe and complete recipe details, visit the Keto Peppermint Cream Cheese Cookies recipe at Lone Star Keto.