This dairy-free carnivore breakfast idea is a delicious way to eat ground beef and eggs. Fry them together in a zero-carb egg-in-a-hole, add a sprinkle of salt, and enjoy! It’s quick and easy with only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time.
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat tallow, butter, ghee
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 3 small eggs
- Divide the meat into three 4-ounce portions.
- Flatten each one into a patty with your hands, then place on a cutting board and open up the center hole. Press and pinch edges together, no cracks should show.
- Warm a skillet over high heat and add the cooking fat. Use tallow to keep this recipe dairy-free or cook in butter or ghee if you like. Any fat will do.
- Support the meat with your free hand while firmly lifting the ring up with a spatula and arrange on the skillet. Repeat until all meat is cooking. Adjust the opening if needed.
- While the meat cooks, crack open the eggs and add them one by one to the center of the meat. Continue cooking until the meat is nicely browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip quickly. Cook the second side for about half as long or until eggs set.
- Remove from heat, serve, salt liberally and enjoy!
1 thought on “Carnivore Egg-in-a-Hole Recipe”
Omgosh these look insane! I had burger and eggs this am, wished I had seen this sooner! Tomorrow is another day! I also use a ton of bacon fat for cooking 🍳 😋