Flavored with vinegar, ginger, and garlic, this low carb keto soy sauce substitution is packed with flavor so you can still eat soy sauce on a keto diet (or any diet) but without any negative effects of soy! This recipe is allergen-free and contains no sugar, soy, or wheat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 16 tablespoons
- 1.5 cups bone broth
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or other liquid keto sweetener to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients, except salt, to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Maintain this for about 15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by a third.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer to a bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
Since this is bone broth based, you may see it gel after being in the fridge. Bring the homemade soy sauce to room temperature before serving and stir well to recombine the flavors.
Check out our full shopping list of approved carnivore foods as well as a sample meal plan.