My name is Cobus and I am 45, and I’ve been a carnivore for 5 months.
Cobus’ Experience with Carnivore
5 years ago I was experiencing pain on my liver. I was drinking 5 litres of Coke a day. I tried to cut back but was not successful. My doctor at the time sent me for a sonar scan. He told me he is not so sure its the Coke that cause my illness and said he would like to do further tests. The scans indeed showed an enlarged liver and spleen.
I never went for a follow-up with my doctor. I was fearing the worst. I tried a vegan diet but could not make it past six months before going back to pizza or whatever was on the menu.
I discovered the Carnivore Diet on YouTube (Joe Rogan/Dr Shawn Baker interview) and decided to give the Carnivore Diet a go.
After just two weeks the change was starting to happen.
- I lost 12 kg (26 pounds) mostly in the first two months
- I am now at 77kgs (169 pounds), my ideal weight – I’m 187cm(6’2″) tall.
- I do 300 push-ups every morning.
- I have some muscles now which I did not have before.
- All pain on my liver disappeared within the first two months. I believe it was non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and that the organ fat burned away and thus the inflammation and organ enlargement disappeared.
- I also have no sugar cravings.
- I only drink water.
I share my carnivore diet story every day and point people to this website, YouTube videos and The Big Fat Surprise book by Nina Teicholz. I believe this information can help people make informed decisions to improve their health. I look forward to read Dr Baker’s book on the carnivore diet.
Thank you Dr Baker for the great work you do. If nobody reaches, nobody get touched. If we found what helped us we should unselfishly share it with people. We pray for miracles but sometimes the miracle comes in a form you might not suspect.
Hippocrates said: “Before you heal someone ask if he or she is willing to give up what made them sick in the first place.”
Results are not typical. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.