In 2012 I tore up my knee pretty good playing rugby. After reconstruction, a few more seasons, and another injury I got the bad news from an orthopedic surgeon in 2016 that I would never run again (at the ripe old age of 25). I struggled with my weight and chronic joint pain for 2 years until I found keto in early 2018. I had a little success but found it hard to stick to the diet. After months of plateauing, gaining, and losing I went carnivore late December 2018 after following Dr. Baker’s story closely.
After 60 days:
- Lost 30 pounds, from 250 to 220 and counting, and went straight through the plateaus I had hit in the past.
- My joint pain is now only noticeable after strenuous activity, which I couldn’t even do before. My knee actually feels so good that I was able to pursue my career goals, which is in law enforcement, and passed the fitness tests with flying colors. Having tried in the past I know this would have been impossible without this way of eating.
Some things I was pleasantly surprised by:
- I create almost 0 food waste, and the amount of trash I create is much lower than ever before.
- I stopped having violent parasomnic sleep walking episodes and my sleep is the best it’s ever been.
- I was prescribed anti-anxiety meds earlier in 2019 and never filled the prescription. My anxiety is totally gone. I’m the happiest and calmest I have ever been.
In short, it feels like I got my life back from eating steak! Thanks to the whole community who have been so supportive!