Hi, my name is Steve. I would like to share my story in the hopes that it will be inspirational to others.
I’m 34 years young. In my 20s I was a footballer. I played 3rd & 2nd grade for Manly Marlins. I was your average young guy who loved to party & have fun. On the 29th April 2012 I was playing a game & hit my head however I continued playing & then after the game went out with my mates & got drunk. To cut a long story short, it turns out that I had a concussion & the next thing I knew I awoke in hospital after being in a coma for 2 weeks. I has suffered a hypoxic brain injury. A result I was left severely disabled. I was wheelchair bound, had brain damage, I became vision impaired, I lost a lot of weight, had a lot of trouble chewing, swallowing and talking. Worst of all I developed epilepsy and was having regular seizures which seemed to make my disabilities even worse.
Over the past 8 years I have suffererd with severe depression & anxiety. I have a fantastic team of therapists and carers & very slowly have seen some improvement.
In November 2019 my carer suggested a ketogenic diet which very swiftly changed to a carnivore diet.
Since then my depression & anxiety has gone, I cannot explain how good I feel. My eyesight has improved to the extent that I no longer need glasses, my speech has improved, I have put back on most of the weight I had lost (and gained lots of muscle tone).
I also had major trouble with my sinuses, my nose was constantly blocked or running but that has now stopped, my sinuses are clear. Best thing ever is that I have not had a seizure this whole time.
Since being plant free I have:
– more energy and feel better than ever
– recieved a positive blood test showing healthy ranges of all blood markers including normal nutrient levels. LDL was high but triglycerides were very low
– regular and health bowel motions
– recieved a great report from my councellor, saying she had never seen me in a better mental state
– recieved an amazing report from my chiropractor saying hes never seen me in better condition and does not want to touch me
– recieved a great report from my OT saying she was very pleased with the progress ive made and i had better keep doing what i am doing
– improved fine motor skills
– improved cognotive ability, i have so many great ideas for future projects
– not had a virus, cold, or allegy, in fact my nasal congestion issues have decreased massively
– felt a huge improvement to my dental hygeine. i was having massive problems before and the dentist said i would need to go back soon probably for another filling however i am not experiencing any pain or discomfort.
I take no supplements or medication apart from Keppra for my epilepsy, however I believe I will be able to come off that one day.
I believe whole heartedly in this diet, I am educating myself about it constantly and hope to have a blog to help educate others one day.