Hi, my name is Steve. I would like to share my story in the hopes that it will inspire others.
A Life-Changing Injury
I’m 34 years young. In my 20s, I was a footballer. I played 3rd & 2nd grade for Manly Marlins. I was your average young guy who loved to party & have fun. On the 29th of April 2012, I was playing a game & hit my head; however, I continued playing & then, after the game, went out with my mates & got drunk.
To cut a long story short, it turns out that I had a concussion & the next thing I knew, I awoke in the hospital after being in a coma for two weeks. I suffered a hypoxic brain injury.
Struggling with Severe Disabilities
As a result, I was left severely disabled. I was wheelchair-bound, had brain damage, became vision impaired, lost a lot of weight, and had a lot of trouble chewing, swallowing, and talking. Worst of all, I developed epilepsy and had regular seizures, which seemed to make my disabilities even worse.
Over the past eight years, I have suffered from severe depression & anxiety. I have a fantastic team of therapists and carers & very slowly, and I have seen some improvement.
Discovering the Carnivore Diet
In November 2019, my carer suggested a ketogenic diet, which swiftly changed to a carnivore diet.
Since then, my depression & anxiety has gone. I cannot explain how good I feel. My eyesight has improved to the extent that I no longer need glasses, my speech has improved, and I have put back on most of the weight I had lost (and gained lots of muscle tone).
I also had major trouble with my sinuses, my nose was constantly blocked or running, but that has now stopped, and my sinuses are clear. The best thing ever is that I have not had a seizure this whole time.
Since being plant-free, I have:
- More energy and feel better than ever
- Received a positive blood test showing healthy ranges of all blood markers, including normal nutrient levels. LDL was high, but triglycerides were very low
- Regular and healthy bowel motions
- Received a great report from my counselor, saying she had never seen me in a better mental state
- Received an amazing report from my chiropractor saying he’s never seen me in better condition and does not want to touch me
- Received a great report from my OT saying she was very pleased with the progress I’ve made and that I had better keep doing what I am doing
- Improved fine motor skills
- Improved cognitive ability, I have so many great ideas for future projects.
- Not had a virus, cold, or allergy. In fact, my nasal congestion issues have decreased massively.
- Felt a huge improvement in my dental hygiene. I was having massive problems before, and the dentist said I would need to go back soon, probably for another filling; however, I am not experiencing any pain or discomfort.
- I take no supplements or medication apart from Keppra for my epilepsy; however, I believe I can come off that one day.
Steve’s Mission to Educate Others
I believe wholeheartedly in this diet. I am educating myself about it constantly and hope to have a blog to help educate others one day.
Results are not typical. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.