Full of meat and the smoky spiciness of chipotle and ancho pepper that ramp up the heat to a perfect level, this quick and easy hearty Keto Texas Chili bursts with Texas-sized flavor.
Total: 1 hr 6 mins
Calories: 457 kcal
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground beef or venison
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 14.5 oz crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Add olive oil to dutch oven and heat on medium. Add onions and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
Add the ground beef/venison and cook until meat is fully browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks. About 8-10 minutes.
- Add the next 11 ingredients through chipotle chili powder and mix well.
- Add beef bone broth, fire roasted tomatoes, and bay leaf. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasional to make sure meat isn’t sticking to bottom of pan.
Add apple cider vinegar, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Simmer uncovered for an addition 10 minutes or more for even better flavor. If chili thickens too much, add additional beef bone broth.
- Serve with toppings like shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, chopped cilantro, and sour cream as desired.
For the best taste and texture, simmer for an hour. Be sure to stir occasionally and watch to see if more beef broth is needed if chili thickens too much.
*Nutritional label does not include net carbs, so I’ve added that below.
Total Carbs: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
NET CARBS: 7g
Nutritional information is provided for recipes as a guide only. It cannot be 100% accurate. It’s included as a courtesy to give a general account of a recipe, so one can see if the macros are within the ballpark of where he/she needs to be. It is automatically calculated using WP recipe software integrated with a nutrition API. Please calculate your own nutritional information with the exact brand and ingredients you used before relying on the ones included with the recipe.