With layers of shredded chicken, cheese, and tangy tomatillo sauce, this easy-to-make Keto Chicken Tomatillo Enchilada Casserole is a perfect blend of flavors.
Total: 45 mins
Calories: 383 kcal
- 14.5 oz fire roasted crushed tomatillos
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded chicken about 6 cups
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese about 3 chups
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or spray a 7″ X 11″ baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix together crushed tomatillos, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and sea salt.
- Add about 3 Tbsp of the tomatillo mixture to bottom of baking dish. Top with 1/2 the shredded chicken.
- Pour 1/2 the remaining tomatillo mixture over chicken. Top with 1/2 the pepper jack cheese.
- Add the remaining shredded chicken on top of cheese. Pour the rest of the tomatillo mixture over chicken. Top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese with chopped onions.
- Place dish in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes until top is starting to brown and sides are bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Total Carbs: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
NET CARBS: 5g
Nutritional information is provided for recipes as a guide only. It cannot be 100% accurate. It’s included as a courtesy to give a general account of a recipe, so one can see if the macros are within the ballpark of where he/she needs to be. It is automatically calculated using WP recipe software integrated with a nutrition API. Please calculate your own nutritional information with the exact brand and ingredients you used before relying on the ones included with the recipe.
For the printable recipe and complete recipe details, visit the Keto Chicken Tomatillo Enchilada Casserole at Lone Star Keto.