This easy cheeseburger pie is perfect for a low-stress dinner any day of the week! Flavored with simple everyday ingredients, it is sure to be a new family favorite. Plus, you probably already have these budget-friendly ingredients on hand in your fridge right now.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon tallow, or cooking fat of choice, separated
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 whole eggs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round pie plate or 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Lightly brown the meat in cooking fat over medium-high heat in a heavy-bottomed skillet or cast iron. Transfer to pie plate once cooked.
- Add a little more fat to the skillet and brown the onions until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently.
- While the onions cook, whisk the eggs. Add herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beef so it sinks into the meat. Shake the dish gently if needed.
- Arrange the onions in an even layer over the eggs and meat.
- Top the whole pie with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Allow the cheeseburger pie to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
To make a complete hamburger themed meal, serve on a bed of lettuce with a side of pickles or Pickle Relish and thick slices of fresh tomatoes. Offer mustard and sugar-free ketchup at the table.
Check out our full shopping list of approved carnivore foods as well as a sample meal plan.