Serve yourself a simple keto breakfast casserole and your body will be satisfied with the fats and protein for hours! It’s easy to make and great for meal prepping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- 10 whole eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Begin to preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Warm butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic together for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from its casing and add to the pan also. Break apart into smaller pieces and brown all sides evenly. Cook around 8 minutes.
- While the sausage browns, whisk 10 eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer meat to an 8×8-inch (20×20 cm) glass baking or casserole dish. Arrange in a single, even layer on the bottom.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat. Gently jiggle or tap the dish so the egg can settle down around the meat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving warm.