- 12 ounces cooked chicken, seasoned
- 1 whole egg
- 2 ounces tallow or fat of choice, melted
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Use your own combination of sliced cheeses and already cooked meats. Ex: sliced steak, sliced chorizo sausage, chicken fajitas, etc.
- Shredded cheese and crumbled meats do not work well with this recipe, they just make a big mess, but if you cook your ground beef into a patty that works a lot better.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In your blender or food processor add chicken & baking soda and begin to blend with melted tallow.
- Add in the egg while the blender is on.
- Let your “dough” chill covered in the fridge until firm. (About 1-2 hours, or overnight)
- Using a large piece of parchment paper, spread half of the batter in the middle in a rectangle shape about 1 inch thick.
- Layer your slice of cheese and sliced meat in the center of the batter.
- Using the parchment paper, carefully wrap the meat and cheese with the batter. Folding the parchment into the shape of your fillings. Fold in the last 2 flaps underneath the tamale to hold it closed.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool 3-5 minutes and unwrap the parchment paper.