- ¼ cup drippings from a pan after cooking roast, turkey, chicken, etc
- 1 cup broth liquid
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs gelatin
- 1 Tbs cool water
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Let broth and drippings mixture simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the 2 Tbs cool water and let bloom for a few minutes.
- Pour the eggs into a blender and begin to blend the eggs.
- While the eggs are still blending, pour in about ½ cup of broth as well as the bloomed gelatin.
- While continuously whisking the broth on the stove, pour the egg, gelatin and broth mixture back into the pot.
- Keep whisking and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken up.
- Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes before serving so it can thicken up a little more.
- Enjoy with roast beef, roasted turkey or chicken!
- This also reheats well, too. Once cooled it will be solid jello. Just scoop into a small pot and reheat on medium-low.