- 1.5 pound beef, roast cut, diced small (chuck, rump, or steak/ground meat will work, too)
- 1.5 Tbs onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbs dijon or brown mustard
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs, separated
- Brown diced roast beef in a cast iron pan or another pan that you can bake and broil in the oven.
- Add remaining ingredients, except eggs.
- Let simmer for about 1 hour. You may need to add another ½ cup of water if it dries out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the stew is almost done, whip your egg whites stiff.
- Once the stew is done cooking, take some of the broth out and whisk it into the egg yolks. Whisk the yolks into the stew mixture, while constantly stirring, to avoid scrambling.
- Top the stew mixture with the whipped whites and bake for 8 minutes.
- Broil 3-5 minutes for color.