Keto General Tso Meatballs, a healthy version of a favorite Asian dish. Baked meatballs glazed in a sweet and savory sauce with a hint of spice.
Calories: 462 kcal
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp Swerve confectioners
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp sugar free ketchup
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, pork rinds, egg, garlic, ginger, sea salt, and sesame oil.
Using ice cream scoop (approx 1/4 cup), scoop out meat mixture and form into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Put cookie sheet into preheated oven and cook for 20 min. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large skillet, add all sauce ingredients except xanthan gum and whisk to combine. Cook 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced in half.
Sprinkle xanthan gum over sauce and stir.
Add meatballs to sauce pan and coat well.
- Remove from heat. Serve by itself or with riced broccoli or cauliflower.
- Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Instead of meatballs, you can substitute cooked chicken or pork and coat with the sauce.
Nutritional information is provided for recipes as a guide only. It cannot be 100% accurate. It’s included as a courtesy to give a general account of a recipe, so one can see if the macros are within the ballpark of where he/she needs to be. It is automatically calculated using WP recipe software integrated with a nutrition API. Please calculate your own nutritional information with the exact brand and ingredients you used before relying on the ones included with the recipe.
For the printable recipe and complete recipe details, visit the Keto General Tso Meatballs at Lone Star Keto.