4 ounces cream cheese
1 Tbs water
¼ tsp baking soda*
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Butter or ghee for cooking
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a blender ensuring there are no cream cheese clumps.
- Heat your non-stick pan to medium-low heat.
- Melt about ½ tsp butter.
- Pour some of the batter into your heated pan and swirl to fill to the edges.
- Let cook about 2-3 minutes or until somewhat set on top, flip and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
Enjoy as is or fill and wrap or fold with your favorite fillings.
Filling idea options:
- Soft plain or herbed butter
- Soft cream cheese
Cooked bacon bits and cream cheese mixed together
- Cooked sausage and cheese
Makes about 6 crepes if using an 8” pan.
*You can make this without baking soda, but the reaction from combining the baking soda and cream cheese creates a creamier and slightly fluffier end product that will remind you more of a traditional crepe instead of an egg pancake.