- 1 ½ pound ground sausage (more or less is okay)
- 8 ounces room temperature mascarpone or your favorite soft cheese (cream cheese, soft goat cheese, ricotta, etc.)
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar or your favorite cheese
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Butter for cooking
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Press sausage into a sheet pan and flatten out very thin. Make thinner than you would like because it will get thicker once cooked.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- While the crust is cooking, heat some butter in a pan and cook scrambled eggs and season with salt to taste.
- Remove crust from oven and drain grease.
- Turn broiler on.
- Spread your soft cheese onto the crust to the edges.
- Sprinkle garlic and pepper over soft cheese.
- Spread your scrambled eggs over the soft cheese.
- Cover pizza with shredded cheese.
- Broil pizza 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted/lightly browned.
- This is also great cold if there are any leftovers!
You can also prep crusts ahead of time on parchment paper and freeze. Once frozen, wrap in plastic wrap. That way you always have a meatza crust ready to go! Frozen crusts take about 18 minutes to cook at the same temperature.