- 12 ounces of lean beef (tenderloin, round, flank, sirloin, rump roast, etc)
- 2 tsp brown or dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- If you want to dice the meat very very tiny, freeze meat for about 20 minutes.
- Then remove from freezer, slice into thin strips, then dice into tiny cubes.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Serve tartare in a bowl.
- Serve by making a small dip in the top of the tartare mound and gently place the egg yolk on top.
Enjoy right away, leftovers do not hold well as the meat gets mushy with the marinade.
Don’t just limit yourself to beef, try this with other red meats like lamb, bison or even elk!