- 1 steak of your choice (I used a delicious fatty top round)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cast iron skillet
- Pre heat oven to 500 degrees (Place skillet in to heat with oven).
- If you wish to rub your steak, do so before it goes in. Carefully with proper protection while the hot skillet is still on the oven wrack place the stick of butter in the skillet. It will begin to melt immediately.
- Place steak in the skillet carefully using tongs.
- Push wrack back in then close the oven for 2.5 minutes.
- Quickly flip the steak and then let cook for another 2.5 minutes. This should leave a thick cut medium rare. If cooking a thinner cut shave off a little time.