- 4 pounds cleaned tripe, cut into large chunks
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbs salt, or more to taste
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- ½ Tbs cumin
- ½ Tbs oregano
- ½ Tbs garlic
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Water, as needed
- If your tripe is not clean, boil tripe for 30-45 minutes in a large pot and then drain out the water.
- Put tripe back into the pot and add in remaining ingredients.
- Fill pot with double the amount of water as there is tripe.
- Let ingredients come to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Check the consistency after 2 hours. If it is still chewy and you want it soft, continue cooking.