- 1 flat wooden cutting board or plank
- 2-4 different cheeses (about 2-3 ounces of each)
- 2-4 different cured meats (2 ounces of each)
- 2 ounces of your favorite whole grain mustard
- When arranging your board, be sure all your components are different textures and cuts. For example: Sliced prosciutto, diced ham chunks, sliced and rolled up mortadella, crumbled cheese, diced cheese, shaved cheese, etc.
- Place each component on the board with some space in between each one. Do not cram everything right next to each other unless you only have a small platter. Small platter directions below. If using mustard, serve mustard in a small serving bowl and place alongside with meats and cheeses.
- If using a small board arrange meats and cheeses as close as possible starting from the inside of the plate to ensure the components are placed evenly throughout the board.
Charcuterie ideas: prosciutto, salami, mortadella, pastrami, bresaola, deli turkey and ham chunks work, well too! When selecting your meats choose your favorite deli meats or try something new. When selecting your cheeses try to get a combination of each of the following styles: soft/mild cheese, hard sharp cheese, funky cheese, or a specialty cheese. Get creative and have fun!