- 1 whole egg (1 egg yolk works if you are sensitive to whites)
- 6-8 ounces butter or ghee, melted
- 1 Tbs vinegar (white wine vinegar, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ tsp paprika (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne or dash of hot sauce (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Blend the egg, vinegar and salt in a blender.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour in the melted butter until the sauce is the desired consistency. You may not need it all. Do not pour all the butter in at once because it will break the sauce and it will not result in a smooth consistency.