Great recipe for special occasions, holidays or simply for a meal to make you feel fancy!
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup pancetta
- 2 thick pork chops
- 4T butter, cut into 8 portions
- 1 skillet
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- ¼ cup pancetta, diced.
- Crisp in frying pan. When done, remove from heat and let cool.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into both pork chops lengthwise creating a pocket for filling. Make sure not to completely cut to the edge of the chop. Leave at least ¼” on each end and on the back.
- Using clean hands open up each pork chop and place 2 pads of butter inside. Then follow with the crisped pancetta.
- Then gently arrange each chop side by side in the same frying pan used to crisp the pancetta and surround with the remaining uncooked pancetta and 6 remaining pads of butter.
- Place in the hot waiting oven carefully.
- At around the 45 min mark remove pan carefully and pour off excess butter and lard into tin for later use in some other delicious items. Return to oven for 10 more minutes to brown further and ENJOY!