This collagen-rich, super meaty Easy Keto Carnivore Beef Stew is slow-cooked in a crockpot. It pops with flavor from low-carb vegetables and herbs. The best part is that this stew is a deeply nourishing meal for any day of the week, freezer friendly and takes minimal prep work to put together.
With few simple modifications, it is quickly transformed into a carnivore stew, perfect for those interested in zero-fiber carnivore diet recipes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef marrow bones
- 2 pounds chuck roast cubed
- 2 tbsp tallow or other cooking oil
- 6 cups bone broth
- 8 ounce mushrooms quartered
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Turn the slow cooker on low and place the marrow bones in the center of the insert.
- Cube the roast. Heat tallow in a large skillet over high heat. Arrange the meat in a single layer and sear evenly on all sides. Cook in batches if needed. Once cooked, add to the pot.
- Rinse and chop all vegetables. Gather the herbs. Place everything all in the pot on top of the meat.
- Pour broth over it all. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Use what you have on hand, this recipe is very forgiving! Do you have other vegetables in your fridge that need to get used up? Add them in. Chop the broccoli, zucchini, or cabbage and add to the pot. Parsley, oregano, or rosemary may also be added or substituted.
- Mind your water line, if you add in a significant amount of extra vegetables, you may need to add more broth or water too.
- Adapt this recipe for a carnivore diet by simplifying the ingredient list to marrow bones, stew meat, tallow, bone broth, and salt. Decrease the broth to 4 cups. Cook on low. Check after 6 hours.