Excellent for holidays, birthday parties or special occasions!
Prep time 45 min
Cook time 1 hour 45 min
Makes 4 rounds
- 1lbs ground meat (Beef pictured)
- 4 quail eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 small squares of cheese (Optional, pictured: Gouda)
- 1 tsp lard
- Step 1: Hard boil quail eggs (around 6 min).
- Step 2: prepare ground meat by separating into 4 even mounds.
- Step 3: Peel quail eggs and place into center of ground meat rounds. Fold and mold until quail egg is fully covered.
- Step 4: Optional. Place Cheese square on top of the round gently pressing into the top.
- Step 5: After all 4 are molded into round mounds wrap each in 1 strip of bacon. Place bottom of the round on the center of the strip. Folding the ends over the top. Tucking the opposing ends under one another in a loose knot.
- Step 6: Use 1 tsp of lard to grease bottom of baking pan. Place rounds into baking pan and bake for 1 hour 45 min at 350 degrees.
- Set your timer for the 1 hour mark you will need to pour off excess fat (preferably into container to save for later use).
- Slice down the center to reveal your delicious carnivore surprise!