- 1 (4 pound) whole organic chicken
- 2 tablespoons Redmond Fine grain sea salt
- ½ cup Coconut Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Turn your smoker on and turn to “Smoke” mode. Pat the chicken dry and season well on all sides and in the cavity of the chicken with salt. Place on smoker with legs side down. Smoke for about 3 hours.
- After smoking, place the chicken in a roasting pan. Add ½ cup vinegar. Cover tightly with foil (I lined it on the inside with parchment to avoid the chicken touching the hot foil).
- Place in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is very tender and falling off the bone and internal temperature at thickest part of breast is 140-150 degrees F.
- Remove the foil and parchment from the chicken and discard the vinegar. Increase oven to 450 degrees F and place the oven in the middle rack to bake for 5-7 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can be frozen for up to a month. Serve leftovers chilled or reheat pieces of the smoked chicken in a 350 degree F oven for 7 minutes or until heated through.
304 calories, 22g fat, 27g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fiber