- 12-16 ounces liver (chicken is more mild)
- 8 ounces bacon (beef or pork)
- 1/2 cup tallow, plus more if using fat to seal
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 whole eggs, whisked
- Saute bacon on medium heat in a cast iron pan, a regular pan works, too.
- After a few minutes of sauteing add liver and cook until still pink inside.
- Melt tallow.
- Blend in everything, except eggs, in a blender or with a hand mixer.
- As you are blending everything, pour in the eggs. Do not stop blending or else the eggs will scramble.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in jars.
- *Optional – seal top of jars with extra melted fat to prevent oxidation*
- Let chill to firm up and to let the flavors meld together.
- Eat cold, spread some on a burger or cheese crisps.
- Or eat hot! Once firm and cooled down, you can also re-fry this to make a rendition of refried beans!
- Just scoop some into a hot greased pan, let sear, flip and sear again. You’d be amazed at how similar it tastes when you eat with taco meat!