- Write down your “whys”. Document why are you are switching to a carnivore diet, what is going on in your life that brought you to this way of eating, and what you are trying to change or heal.
- Join Carnivore.Diet and attend meetings where you can ask questions, gain knowledge, get support, or find a coach.
- If you are an “all or nothing” kind of person, just start. Eat only animal-based foods …or go all in with just meat, salt, and water. Know that this approach will likely bring stronger transition symptoms more rapidly, but healing may be quicker too.
- If you are a “slow and easy” kind of person, try eating only animal-based foods at one meal a day for a few days or the first week. Then try switching another meal a day to all animal-based foods for a few days until all your meals are animal-based. Transitioning will likely be more drawn out but not be as strong. Healing may be slower but without as much discomfort.
- Optional – Take before photos and continue to take photos along our journey.
- Optional – If you like tracking, feel free to track whatever you want, just know it is not necessary with this way of eating.
Beginner OMAD Tips
One Meal A Day, or OMAD as it is often called, can be a very effective protocol for weight loss and other health issues. I have done OMAD Carnivore for over 4 years and even OMAD Keto for a couple of years before that. I find it fits into my lifestyle and is extremely effective