Weighing is optional on this plan. I know it’s hard to believe that the number on the scale we have come to think is the end all, be all–well, it just isn’t. I have certainly had to retrain my ‘looking skinny and weighing less is best’ mentality. If you would like to weigh in at the beginning of your journey, go for it! However, I would tuck it away in a closet after that!
I would rather you look at these factors:
- Do you feel good?
- Do you have enough energy to get through your day?
- Are you pooping good?
Keep in mind, ultra-processed foods, sugar, and seed oils cause significant inflammation in the body, which causes so many of the modern-day chronic diseases. Eliminate the inflammatory foods from your diet and VOILA! Keto/carnivore is a magic pill!
Here are some other things you may notice on your health journey:
- Increased lean muscle mass without trying
- Clothes getting looser
- Skin tags and age spots disappearing
- Eyesight getting better (Rx may need to be decreased)
- Dry eye resolved
- Mental clarity and less brain fog
- Bloating, gas, digestive issues resolved, esp. IBS, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, GERD, hemorrhoids
- Appearance of spider veins reduced
- Skin conditions like psoriasis completely resolved
- Decreased hair loss
- Less body odor
- Less plaque buildup up on teeth
- Tinnitus resolved
- Autoimmune conditions resolved, i.e. MS, RA
- Type II diabetes reversal (will need follow-up A1C and fasting insulin to determine)
- Fatty liver resolved
- CAC (coronary artery calcium) score decreased–if you’ve never had one, you won’t know this, but many have had this test. Your doctor needs to order it and it’s $100 out-of-pocket; insurance doesn’t cover. If you’ve been a smoker, have high blood pressure, or are obese, it’s a good idea to get this inexpensive test.
- Normalized blood pressure
- Lab-work numbers become better or in range (after 4 months of following this lifestyle I would recommend retesting to see your values)
- You will be able to come off of most medications with the guidance of your physician